How many of you are rushing in the morning to get to work and often have to skip breakfast and grab something on the go from your local Tim Horton’s or bakery? I will be the first to plead guilty since I am ALWAYS on the run (what can I say, I will constantly be snoozing my alarm just to get an extra few minutes of sleep). More often than not, I will just stop at the Tim’s right in front of my place (pretty convenient) and just grab a quick muffin. Although Tim’s is pretty cheap compared to other places, if you go there regularly, overtime you do end up spending quite a pretty sum.
Since I’m a huge fan of saving money wherever I can, I figured why not make my own batch of muffins and just grab one in the morning? Tastes better and it’s free! Win-win as far as I’m concerned.
This recipe is so easy to make and they are absolutely delicious! The first time I made this batch, my husband ate four in a row. They’re so moist and fluffy loaded with chocolate chips, I promise you will want to devour the entire batch!
- 2 1/2 Cup All-Purpose White Flour
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and milk. Mix well until smooth.
- Add in chocolate chip and keep mixing until all ingredients are combined.
- Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 and then reduce the temperature to 375. Continue to bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not over bake otherwise the muffins will turn out dry.
- Let cool for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
Note: Muffins taste best the day of, but can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.