This is one of my favorite recipes for mashed potatoes.
I don’t even attempt to try any other recipes because I know this is always a huge success. I found a version of this recipe a few years ago and since then, I have made it my own. It’s so easy to do and it has that garlic creamy taste to it that is just so good! I guarantee that once you try this recipe, you will never try any other versions of mashed potatoes because that’s how good they are.
- White Potatoes, about 8 small or 4 medium, skin taken off and quartered
- 1 1/2 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream (maybe more depending on preference)
- 1/2 Parmesan Cheese, grated (maybe more depending on preference)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. Add potatoes and reduce heat to medium, cover and cook about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 1/2 tsp of salt, garlic powder, sour cream, Parmesan cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- When potatoes pierce easily with a fork or knife, drain and add them to the bowl of electric mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Taste and depending on preference, add extra sour cream and Parmesan for flavor and smoothness.