I made this recipe a few years ago when my in-laws came over for New Years Eve. It was a huge success and have made it a few times since then. I love this recipe because it’s pretty easy to make and I mean who doesn’t love Chocolate Cheesecake?
For the Filling:
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tsp Flour
For the Cake:
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 6 Oz Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tbsp Espresso Powder
- 3/4 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 3/4 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 5 Eggs
- Preheat oven at 350°F and butter a bundt pan
- To make the filling, in a bowl of an electric mixer beat cream cheese and sugar until well combined. Add the egg, vanilla, and flour until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa, chocolate, and espresso powder. Pour boiling water into the bowl and mix well.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda to mixture. Mix again until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Let cool and add sour cream. Mix again.
- Add butter, brown sugar, and vanilla to mixture and stir well, about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Pour a little more than half the batter into the prepared pan. Pour the cheesecake filling into the center of the batter, not allowing it to touch the edges of the pan. Pour the remaining batter of the filling.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs.
- Top with chocolate icing if desired. Enjoy!