Who doesn’t love a good power bowl? All your favorite ingredients in one power bowl? Hell yeah! I love power bowls because they are full of flavor and so easy to make. The Chorizo Burrito Bowl has to definitely be one of my favorites because of all the amazing ingredients it contains and all the Mexican flavor. 🙂
- Ground Chorizo Sausage
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 3/4 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 6 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Lime, zest and juiced
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Seasoning
- 1 Can of Corn Kernels
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a medium pot, add 1 1/2 cup of water. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until water is absorbed and rice is tender. About 12-15 minutes.
- In a large non-stick pan, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add chorizo and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the corn to the pan and cook until golden-brown. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add Mexican seasoning, garlic and 2 tbsp of water. Stir well and cook until ingredients well combined.
- When rice is done, fluff with a fork. Add half the lime zest and the cilantro. Season with salt.
- In a small bowl, add sour cream, lime juice, and remaining lime zest. Mix well.
- Divide the rice between bowls, top with chorizo mixture and sour cream mixture.
***Optional: You can also add avocados and grape tomatoes to the mixture if you want. I don’t like either so I don’t incorporate them in the recipe.