What’s better then pasta? When it comes with homemade meat sauce. There’s something about the flavors of homemade meat sauce that just makes everything better. The smell of the sauce cooking, the flavors of that first bite, all are just mouthwatering if you ask me. So here’s a great recipe that comes with easy homemade meat sauce.
- Ground Beef
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Cups of Spinach
- Basil Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Ricotta
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Fill a large pot with salted water. Cover and bring to a boil. Add fusilli to boiling water and cook uncovered until pasta is tender. Reserve 1/2 Cup of pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and add ground beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook until no pink remains, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic and chili flakes to pan. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until onion has soften.
- Add reserved pasta water, crushed tomatoes, vinegar and sugar. Simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add fusilli and spinach to the same pan. Stir until spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add ricotta and mozzarella to pan. Cook until cheese melts. Sprinkle over basil leaves.