Hope you’re all having a great Sunday!
Today, was pasta day for my hubby and me. We had a late breakfast and didn’t really feel like cooking something complicated for lunch so I just whipped up my famous (not so famous yet lol) Arabiatta Sauce. I found this recipe on Pinterest about a year ago, but made a few changes to it since it wasn’t spicy enough for me (we LOVE spicy). So, hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Onion ( you can omit it if you want, but since it’s winter and flu season we need all the extra vitamins we can get to not get sick)
- 1 Can of Dice Tomatoes (approx. 28 Oz)
- 1 Can of Tomato Paste (6 Oz)
- Chili Flakes (as much as you want, we love spicy so we use at least 4 Tbsp, but original recipe uses 1 Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp Oregano, dried
- 2 Tbsp Basil, dried
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Basil Leaves (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and onion and cook until translucent.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chili flakes, basil and sugar. Stir well and simmer for additional 5 minutes. Taste and add more chili flakes if you want it more spicy. Top with fresh basil leaves (optional).
- Enjoy with pasta of your choice!