I love Mexican food. It’s definitely in my top three favorite food to eat. I am going to be sharing with you my homemade enchilada sauce which is the easiest sauce you will ever make! It’s a really simple tomato sauce mix made with spices like chili powder, oregano, cumin and garlic powder. Once you have all your ingredients you just let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes t let all the flavors blend in. Pretty easy right? Believe me, after you try this recipe, you will never want store-bought enchilada sauce again because the homemade version is so much better!
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 (28 ounce) Can Diced Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder (or Cayenne Pepper if you want something more spicy)
- 1 1/2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over medium-high heat. Whisk in flour until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar and 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.