You will absolutely fall in love with these Mozzarella Sticks and keep coming back for more. Once again, these are great appetizers for parties. I made them twice so far and they have been a success both times. You can use the breading process for pretty much anything you want – zucchini, potatoes, chicken tenders, shrimp… sky is the limit!
- 16 String Cheese pieces, cut into half
- 1/2 Cup of Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- Canola Oil, For Frying
- 2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- Place flour in small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- In another separate bowl, combine panko bread crumbs with parsley flakes.
- One by one, roll mozzarella sticks in flour, then dunk in egg and milk mixture, and last place in panko crumbs.
- Place on a tray. Repeat until all mozzarella sticks are coated.
- Place tray in freezer for 20 to 30 minutes to flash freeze.
- Heat about 1-2 cups canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add mozzarella sticks one by one in skillet. Work in batches.
- Cook less than two minutes per stick. Do not allow cheese to bubble and leak.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with sauce of your choice (I usually serve with Marinara Sauce)