This homemade slow cooker meat sauce is so easy to make and is perfect for lasagna or any type of pasta you’re craving. I find it to be a perfect match for my lasagna because of its rich and meaty flavor. It’s really easy to make because you’re just putting all the ingredients in the slow cooker, but do keep in mind that it needs to cook for a good 8 hours, so make sure to make it ahead of time.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Small Onions, finely diced
- 1 lbs Ground Meat (I use ground turkey or extra lean veal)
- 3 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Marjoram, dried
- 1/4 Tsp Basil, dried
- 1/2 Oregano, dried
- 1 Tsp Parsley, dried
- 1/4 Thyme, dried
- 6 Oz Tomato Paste
- 28 Oz Diced Tomatoes
- 28 Oz Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and stir until translucent.
- Add ground meat, 1 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tsp of dried marjoram and cook until meat is no longer pink and starts to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, add into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, thyme, basil, oregano, parsley and 2 teaspoons of garlic powder. Set the cooker on Low, and cook the sauce for 8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir in the sugar.
- Top with fresh parsley or basil if desired.