I absolutely love one pot recipes. They are so easy to make and so convenient! Don’t you hate it when you’re done cooking and just look at the pile of dishes to clean and feel like pulling out your hair? Yeah that happens to me ALL the time! So one pot meals? Hell yeah!
I found this recipe a few years ago and after making a few adjustments to add my own personal touch to it, lets just say it’s a success every time!
- 2 Cups of Frozen Shrimp (I buy those that are already deveined and cut from Costco)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1/2 Tsp dried oregano
- 8 Oz Orzo Pasta
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) Can of Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 Cup of Corn Kernel
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a bowl, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add garlic, onion and oregano, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in orzo until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, corn, lemon juice and shrimp.
- Transfer to oven-proof dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Place into oven and bake until shrimp are cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.