I made these carrot cupcakes about 3 years ago on Mother’s Day and absolutely fell in love with them. They are so moist and the icing is to die for! I make these every time I have a bake sale at work and they are often the very first things to go (that and my chocolate cupcakes I posted a while ago). They’re so easy to make and I guarantee you they will be a success everytime!
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cup Carrots, shredded
- 1/4 Cup 2 Walnuts (optional)
For the Frosting
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Stick Unsalted butter
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
- Add oil, brown sugar and eggs. Stir in applesauce, vanilla, and carrots. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of walnuts (optional)
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake about 20 minutes.
- While cupcakes are baking, make the frosting by adding in a bowl the cream cheese, butter and vanilla.
- Mix with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add gradually the powdered sugar and mix until all ingredients are smooth. Refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to come out from the oven.
- Once cupcakes are baked and cooled down, add the icing on top.