I’ve recently discovered the joys of cooking with couscous and let me tell you it’s been a life changer! There’s something about couscous that is so light and fluffy but filling at the same time that just makes you feel great after you’ve had it. So here’s a great recipe of Pesto Chicken with a side of couscous.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Lemon, zest and juiced
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Basil Pesto
- 3/4 Cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 Zucchini, peeled lengthwise into long ribbons
- 2 Garlic, minced
- 1/3 Cup Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450F. Season chicken with salt & pepper and bake in oven until cooked. About 15 minutes.
- Heat medium pot over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tbsp olive oil and add onions. Cook until tender.
- Add couscous and garlic to pot. Stir until couscous golden brown.
- Add 1 1/3 cup of water and 1 tsp salt. Cover and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium low and simer until water is absorbed and couscous is tender. About 8-10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cool until zucchini is just a little bit tender. About 2-3 minutes max.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, add half of the lemon zest, half the pesto, 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- Add the couscous mixture to the bowl and parsley. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat same large pan over low heat and add remaining lemon zest and person. Cook stirring together until pesto is warmed and slightly loose. About 1 minute.
- Remove chicken from oven when ready. Thinly slice the chicken. Add to salad bowl with pesto-lemon sauce.
- Mix well and enjoy!