My husband and I absolutely love this recipe because of all the flavors and the spice. It’s not too spicy either because of the coconut milk which helps in toning down the heat, but it still has that nice kick to it. I add noodles to this recipe to turn it into a meal, but you can omit that if you want.
The original recipe includes chicken, but like I’ve mentioned previously, my husband and I have cut down on meat, so I didn’t put chicken in there. If you do however want to include chicken, just make sure it’s cooked and add it towards the end and cook for about 2-3 minutes so the chicken warms up and absorbs some of the flavor.
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Stalk (3 inch) Lemon Grass, halved lengthwise
- 2 Tsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 4 Tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Chicken (optional)
- Noodles (optional)
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add mushrooms, red bell peppers, ground ginger, garlic and lemongrass. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add curry paste; cook 1 minute.
- Add Chicken Stock, coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Discard lemongrass. Add lime juice.
- If you want at this point, add noodles and/or chicken depending on preference. Cook for about 2-3 minutes to let flavors blend.