Anyone who knows me knows that I have a weakness for Italian food. Something about pasta just makes me weak in the knees! This recipe includes one of my favorite types of pasta: Gnocchi! I could honestly eat gnocchi all day every day! This recipe also includes some of my favorite ingredients such as butternut squash, pine nuts and ricotta cheese! Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments!
- Butternut Squash, cut into cubes
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup of Pine Nuts
- Baby Aragula
- 1/2 Cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F
- On a baking sheet, toss the squash with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 20-22 minutes stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add pine nuts and toast until golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add 1 tbsp oil and the gnocchi. Cook until golden-brown. About 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Remove pan from heat and add 2 tbsp of butter. Add garlic. Stir until butter starts to foam. Careful not to burn!
- Put pan back on heat and reduce to low. Add cream cheese and 1/4 cup of water. Whisk until smooth. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add pine nuts, arugula, gnocchi, half the squash and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well until combined.
- Divide gnocchi between bowls. Top with ricotta and remaining squash.