This is one of my favorite summer desserts. It’s so easy to make and it has that light summer taste. My mom’s birthday is in July and I make this for her every year and also on Mother’s Day since it’s one of her favorites. You can easily swap the strawberries for raspberries if you prefer or even do a mix of strawberry, raspberry and blueberry if you’re feeling adventurous.
- 1 Cup Butter, room temperature
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- Zest of one Lemon
- 3 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 1/2 Cups of Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt (Vanilla or plain)
- 12 ounces of Fresh Strawberries, diced (or any berries you want depending on preference)
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Grease and flour Bundt pan
- In large mixing bowl, add sugar and butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, eggs and lemon zest. Mix until well combined.
- Add 1 tbsp of lemon juice and yogurt and keep mixing until smooth.
- Toss in the strawberries and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour batter in Bundt pan and place in oven.
- Reduce temperature to 325F and bake for 60 minutes.
- Allow to cook 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, add remaining 2 tbsp lemon juice and powdered sugar and mix well.
- Once cake has cooled, drizzle the icing over the top of the cake.