My husband and I love sweet potatoes. Especially sweet potato fries! We discovered them when they started serving them at A&W a few years ago. When we realized how much we loved them, I thought, why not make them at home? It can’t be that hard! And it’s really not. They’re really easy to make. Just peel them, cut them lengthwise, add a bit of seasoning and put them in the oven! Real easy and real good! They make the perfect side dish for pretty much anything.
I dare you to only eat one and not crave for more!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Any spice options, I usually use Paprika and Garlic Powder, but you cut use chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin….
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, cornstarch, salt and pepper and whatever spice you’re using.
- Toss the fries in mixture and make sure they are well coated.
- Lay them out on the baking sheet, make sure you leave enough space between them so they can get nice and crispy.
- Bake for 30 minutes.