So soup season is slowly ending, although we did have some snow these last few days and looks like we will have more snow in the days to come. I’m definitely taking advantage of making all my favorite soup recipes before it gets too hot for soup.
This sweet potato soup is one of my favorites because it’s so easy and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. It’s also really healthy, which is always a good thing.
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Celery, diced
- 3 Medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- ½ Tsp Thyme, dried
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, add onion, celery and garlic. Cook 4 minutes or until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, dried thyme, salt and pepper.
- Pour in 4 cups of chicken broth, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until sweet potatoes cooked.
- Puree soup until smooth by putting in blender (do in batches if it doesn’t all fit at once).
- Return soup to pot and stir in 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Season with more salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Top with sour cream (optional)