Summer is almost coming to an end, which means so is salad season. I don’t know about you, but when it’s really hot outside, I don’t really feel like eating something heavy, so I’ll tend to have more salads than I usually do.
This Thai Beef Salad is amazing! So good and light, but filling at the same time.
Try it out and let me know what you think 🙂
- Shaved Beef
- Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- Handful of Thai Basil
- Handful of Mint
- 3 Mini Cucumbers, diced
- Spring Mix
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- Handful of Peanuts
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Bring a kettle of water to boil.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce, pepper. Mix well.
- Pat the shaved beef dry and add it to the mixing bowl along with the shallot. Stir well.
- Over a large bowl, break the rice noodles in half. Add enough boiling water from the kettle to cover. Set aside until the noodles are tender and cooked through. About 2-3 minutes.
- Drain then rinse the noodles under room-temperature water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil.
- Add the meat to pan with marinade and stir until meat is cooked.
- In another large bowl, add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce. Mix well.
- Add noodles, cucumbers and spring mix. Toss until well combined. Add the meat. Tear over mint and basil on top. Sprinkle peanuts.
***Original recipe requires also grape tomatoes. I’m not a fan of tomatoes so I don’t include them, but feel free to add some if you want 🙂