These cupcakes are so good and so moist they should be illegal! I make them every time we have an event at work and they are always the first to go! They are super moist and so good! Honestly, my husband eats them like there’s no tomorrow! They’re really easy to make and really popular (because who doesn’t love cupcakes?) so it’s perfect when you don’t want to show up to a party empty-handed.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the egg, sour cream, oil and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour in the boiling water, and slowly mix until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups, about halfway full.
- Put in the oven and bake for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Add frosting of your choice (optional)