Burrito bowl? Yes please! Ground meat? Check! Rice? Double check! Mexican flavors? Triple check! All in one bowl? What? Is that even possible? It is if you’re making a burrito bowl.
- Ground Turkey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 Cup Basmati Rice
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro, chopped
- 6 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Lime, zest and juiced
- 1 Cup Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Avocado, cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp Mexican Seasoning
- 1 Green Onion, sliced
- 1 Can of Corn Kernels
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water to a medium pot. Cover and bring to boil. Add rice and reduce heat to low. Cook still covered until water is absorbed and rice is tender. About 12-14 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add drizzle of oil and turkey. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden-brown.
- Add corn and cook until golden-brown. Stir in Mexican seasoning, garlic and 2 tbsp of water. Mix well.
- When rice is done, add onion, half lemon zest and half cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, half lime zest and half lime juice. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, avocado, remaining green onions, remaining cilantro and remaining lime juice.
- Divide rice between bowls and top with the turkey mixture, salad, and sour cream mixture.