Another one of my famous Italian dishes. What can I say? I have a true obsession when it comes to Italian food. This is one of my favorites because it has that zesty taste that I love along with all the rich Italian flavors.
- Mild Italian Sausage, ground
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Linguine Pasta
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes (put less if you don’t want it spicy)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Thyme leaves
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Add water to a large pot with 2 tsp salt. Bring to boil and add linguine.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add drizzle of oil. Add the meat and cook until no longer pink and cooked through.
- When sausage is cooked, transfer to a plate and set aside. Add another drizzle of oil to same pan and add onions and pepper. Stir until tender.
- Add garlic, thyme leaves and chili flakes. Cook until well combined.
- Add cooked sausage and tomatoes to pan, mix well. Reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce is slightly thickened. About 6-7 minutes.
- Add linguine and 1/4 cup pasta water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide between bowls. Top with Parmesan and squeeze over lemon wedges.