I love Paellas. My mother-in-law makes the best seafood paella. I’m not a huge fan on seafood, but her paella is absolutely the best thing in this world in my opinion. I know what you’re thinking, that I will be sharing with you the recipe right? No, not quite. Believe me, I don’t even have the recipe and some things are just better left unknown 🙂
But, I will be sharing with you my vegan paella which is actually quite good. It’s vegetarian, so no meat, but it’s really good and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients. Try it out and let me know what you think in the comments!
- 1 Onion, diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Handful of Parsley, chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 8 Oz Cremini Mushrooms, diced
- 1 Cup Orzo Pasta
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable demi-glace
- 1 Tsp of Saffron
- 2 Cups of Water
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a large pot, heat drizzle of olive oil. Add onions and garlic. Stir until translucent.
- Add mushroom and bell pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add orzo pasta and saffron. Stir frequently until pasta is toasted.
- Add vegetable demi-glace and water. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low.
- Let simmer for 18-22 minutes until liquid is absorbed and pasta is cooked.
- Remove from heat, add lemon juice. Stir to combine.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!