I made this recipe a few months ago during our 30 day Vegetarian Challenge. I was craving lasagna (Italian food is my vice), and since we were not eating meat, I had to be creative and come up with a vegetarian version of a really good lasagna recipe. After going online and looking at some different recipes, I became inspired and came up with this great Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna. My husband loved it so much that I actually ended up making it twice in two weeks.
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 15 Oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Package of Fresh Spinach
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 16 Oz Mushrooms, diced
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1/4 Cup Flour
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, dried
- 1 Tsp Basil, dried
- 1 Tsp Oregano, dried
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and onion. Stir until onion is translucent.
- Add mushrooms and stir until tender.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Add milk and stir constantly until sauce begins to thicken, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in basil, oregano, parsley and salt & pepper. Set aside.
- In a baking dish, spread mushroom sauce at bottom of the dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta cheese on the noodles. Top with spinach, 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat with a second and third layer.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.